Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Plaza de Armas and Current Events

I had been with out a camera for so long that I forget I have one now. Here is a photo, for your viewing pleasure, of the Plaza de Armas here in Arequipa.




Hello All! I keep thinking of the the many things I want to share with you but whenever I have the time to sit down and type I forget what I wanted to say. Things are moving along here. I am in the middle of a root canal and Christian is on his second week of physical therapy after injuring his ankle playing soccer. The kids are doing great and we have had a wonderful long week-end. Early dismissal on Friday, no school Monday due to Teacher's Day, and there has been a transportation strike yesterday and today. It has been fun. Gavin lost his lunch box AGAIN, but I found nothing of value at the market this time when I went to buy a new one.

Back to school as usual tomorrow for the kids and Christian and I have an appointment at the District Attorney's office at 8 a.m. We should be getting our computer back. Have I mentioned that we received a copy of the vendor's statement. He changed his story for the third time and says he got the computer from a young man named "Jorge2". Interesting, no?? Any how, I will let you know how it all plays out tomorrow.

My mom is coming to visit us in two weeks!!!! We can't wait. She is bring suitcases full of stuff for us so anyone has been wanting to send us something (a few people have asked) - can send there packages to my mom and she can carry them down. Let me know if you need more info.

Can you spot the gringo pigeon??


1 comment:

Natasha said...

I'm really enjoying your regular blog updates. It's great to be able to follow your lives so closely (not weird close just good close).
Think of you often.
Hope all is well.
Natasha