Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Word form the Lord??

I left my house early this morning - two hours early to be exact. I only have two hours of class per day this week and I have purposed to put the other two hours aside for praying and reading my Bible and journaling. Things I love to do but have not had the time - or should I say - made the time for recently. I knew if I stayed in the house I would spend my two hours cleaning or organizing so I fled to a cafe for coffee and solitude.
When I arrived there was no one in the place. I found a table, took out my Bible and was about to look at the menu when a woman approached me. She was a Peruvian, and she spoke so quitely I couldn't HEAR what she was saying. I memtioned once that she needed to speak up but she didn't. I didn't want to say it again because she would have assumed that I don't understand Spanish. So I strained my ears the best I could to hear here over Ace Of Base blaring in the background.
She saw my Bible and told me that she was also a Christian. I asked when and how she decided to follow Christ and she told me a long story about 2002 when she was in Brasil . . . .unfotunately most of her story was drowned out by the music. I did here her clearly quote James 3:17 and then she spoke of my family and prayed for us. She spoke against discouragement and how inportant it is that we are here . . . .I then realized she was talking to me about me. It was amazing! She hugged me prayed over me and left. I would have thought she was an angel, but she came back and gave me her e-mail address. the waitress says she is a regular at the cafe and often speaks about God.
It is absolutely amazing to me that God knows our needs so well and exactly how to encourage us and exactly how much we can take as far as pain and trials go. I am suddenly starting to have terrible pain and swelling in my gums on one side and am very nervous about what might be going on in my mouth. It seems that everytime I get to the point where I feel like I can actually handle all that is going on in our life God sends something else to stretch us and try us. I was just telling Him how I really can't handle anymore, and he sent an sister in Christ to encourage me. I am so glad she responded to the Lord and talked to me and prayed for me. It was what I needed to be able to handle what God has for me. (Amy)

1 comment:

The Kenaston Family said...

I am at the SAM orientation. Where you sat not that long ago. I want to encourage you. Every trial, every hardship, every stretching is going to have purpose in your ministry. It may not seem like it. It may seem I would no nothing of what you are going through - and you would be right in one respect, but I have been in Trial University for most of my life. My two greatest trials have been two areas the Lord has used over and over to encourage others and to make it possible to share my testamony. One was losing my first son to SIDS when he was two months old. The other was being dianosised with MS. The Lord turned my mourning in a blessing by using my experience to offer hope to others that have, or are, going through those tough times. God healed me of the MS to serve him in missions. I know that he lead me to your blog to give me truth and encouragement as we travel down this road. Bless you. I do pray for you. May God keep sending those encouragments so you will continue to see that even in a time such as this you are serving a purpose for Him.
Stephanie Kenaston