Thursday, April 30, 2009

Overwhelmed and Unmoving

I know I am not the only one this happens to, but it feels like it at he moment . . . you have so much too do that you find yourself frozen unable to do any of it. I am home today with two semi-sick girls. Not sure if they have strep or just wanted a day off from school . . . today is Gavin's b-day, tomorrow is Beth's, it is my cranky time of the month, I have a boat-load of house work (amazing how one day w/o water can set you back), I have cakes to bake, pinatas to either make or buy, phone calls to make to find someone to buy the kids unused school books from the other school (they changed schools), other things I would like to look for in the market, need to go to the farmacia, if I were to make the pinata we should have started yesterday or at least early this morning . . .yet here I sit. How did I get here?
I was making our bed this morning when a song came on entitlted, "What Do I Know Of Holy" by Addison Road, and I found myself dropping onto the bed listening to the words and then swooped into a time of fervent prayer - for myself but more for a very young sweet friend of mine. I have not experienced such an amazing time of communion with God in a LONG time. It is so painful, but I love when god uses me to pray for others and I can feel their pain in my heart and pray for them in a way I couldn't have otherwise. Then some crazy loud Spanish song came on and the moment was over - but I am so thankful for that moment in the presence of the creator; that he loves my friend enough to burden my heart for her, and I know he loves me and draws others to pray for me.
So, even though nothing I wanted to get done today have gotten done yet I am deeply reminded that life is not about the stuff you get done and accomplish - it is about who you are and where you stand with God - I am a fool if I think I know what his plans are or should be for my family - my plans are made with a small mind and small eyes. I like to measure myself and others by what I can see, by what I can control, or by what I think they should be able to control - however that is not God's measuring tool. I have been forgetting that my purpose is not to DO things for God, but to simply BE with him. Great things will naturally follow being with him and being his hands and feet where ever go. So, overwhelmed I am right now, but unmoving is where I hope to stay. Unmoved from His hands, His gaze, His spirit, His love, and His presence.

No comments: