Monday, February 02, 2009

Domingo Estupendo (Super Sunday) and other lesser days

Well …we hosted the first Superbowl party of our lives. It was a lot of fun if not a little sad that we had to move to Peru to do so. Since we have five kids, we have the largest house in the missionary/language student community. Therefore, we hosted the night at our place and our friend Scott provided a projector to simulate a 60” TV. Initially it was a little spotty but in the end it was way better than any TV I’ve watched the game on in the past. (Aside from the Spanish commentators.) We had a diverse group. It was us and various new friends from Delaware, Oregon, Montana, Nottingham England and Switzerland. At one point I was explaining the rules of football to Christian, a Swiss-German, who in turn was explaining them to his 11 year-old son Jan who only speaks German. Between my utter lack of knowledge of the rules and Christian’s limited English it would be interesting to know what Jan (Yan) thought of the game. We had a great time and to top it off it was a great game.

Today we were back at school. Spanish learning is going well. My mood varies from moments of encouragement to moments of dread over the huge task before me. I think that by the end of this week I will have surpassed everything I retained from my two years of C- high school Spanish.

Amy spent the whole afternoon after language school out by herself finishing the kid’s uniform shopping. I am so proud of her. She had to tell the woman from Friday that we decided to buy some of the stuff from another store. I think in all Amy saved us a couple hundred dollars by asking questions and being willing to suffer through a few extra hours of using Spanish she hasn’t learned yet. Rest assured that we will post a picture of the kids in their costumes (I mean uniforms) once we get them all.

Thanks for taking the time to read these posts and for being interested in what God is allowing us to do for him. Feel free to leave a comment. We love to read them.

For all of the Listros,

Christian

No comments: